Groups of friends catching up for drinks along Sydney Harbour
Not sure if you feel the same way, however it can be so challenging when it comes to making good friends in Sydney - let alone friends in the first place. How do you make new friends in Sydney? Attend events? Through work? Study? At bars and nightclubs? Book yourself in for a leisure and lifestyle experience? Connections? Shared households? Have you been able to sustain these friendships over a longer period of time?
Main ways that work/have made friends, and have seen others make great/lasting friendships in Sydney via:
1. Work/business - both in the office and also while on assignments - have made some great friends, while a few friendships were unfortunately short lived - especially when your friends are in the same profession as you.
2. Connections - friends of friends.
3. Attend leisure and lifestyle activities such as walking tours.
4. Live in a shared household. This is where things work in your favour through such situations.
5. Being a client of a business - might become friends with the person who is serving you, like a mortgage broker.
6. Study/attending courses/uni.
I'd say a great way would be to join a group that revolves around an interest of yours, for example a Book Club or even an Anime appreciation group. A type of fitness class such a yoga or a spin class could also be a simple and rewarding way to make new friends.
If you have kids you can often meet some lovely people by joing a playgroup or a Mother's group. If you don't try joining a local club for something you are interested in like a book club, a theatre club, a dance or yoga class. You could even start up your own club and find people interested to join it online. Try the site called Meetups to find different social groups close to you.