There are many fab ways to celebrate your birthday in sensational Sydney
Birthdays are a special occasion. Naturally, you'd want to spend time with your family and friends on your special day. When out and about at home in Sydney - what do you normally do on your birthday? Work out? Get a massage? Conquer the BridgeClimb? Go on a cruise around Sydney Harbour? Go and see the movies Gold Class? Use all your birthday freebies on your loyalty cards in the city? If your birthday happens to fall on a weekday - do you take a day off work?
Even if you happen to be a visitor to Sydney on your special day - what did you do? Or if you're about to visit Sydney on your next birthday - what are you planning on doing? Why?
I have some family in Sydney, and therefore I used to spend most of my birthdays in Sydney before living here. I only just moved to Sydney on my birthday last year. Some of the fun things I have done on my birthday in Sydney, apart from spending time with family and friends:
1. Hosted my second chocolate walking tour. So fun - one of the guests was a previous client, and she brought me something unexpectedly on the day. Also at the hot chocolate break - the entire tour sang happy birthday to me as soon as they found out I was working on my birthday. So embarrassing at first, yet so funny.
2. Nabbed up some yummy freebies on loyalty programs.
3. Climbed the BridgeClimb for the first time as a work bonus from a client
4. Saw a film Gold Class with a friend
5. Worked out at the gym - attended a Body Attack and a Body Balance class on the trot
Sadly, I was in Melbourne on my birthday in 2011 and had to work. Yuck ):
Whatever my husband surprises me with is what I do! One year he threw a surprise party while I was at work. He had taken the day off and arranged it, decorated the house with balloons, steamers and organised invites weeks ahead. Organised all the party food, music, everything. That was the best birthday I've ever had. So I suppose the best way is to spend with family and friends and no matter what you do you'll have fun and enjoy it.
For a fantastic meal for free (!!!) if you sign up for the email list with Ume restaurant, they give you a free meal on your birthday. Ume is a one-hat modern Japanese place, so it's a fantastic deal and totally worthwhile!